Changenow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manifesto? How about a Platform?

+2
AncientWorld
Kourmanaev
6 posters

Go down

Manifesto? How about a Platform? Empty Manifesto? How about a Platform?

Post  Kourmanaev Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 am

Much as I agree that we need a singular document (or smallish set of documents) that defines our political goals and positions, I think that calling it a "Manifesto" will alienate a lot of demographics.

I think a better approach would be to create a political platform: a list of distinct political questions, their priority to the group, and our position on them.

This gives the advantage of being politically oriented from the beginning; A Manifesto could be more religious or social rather than political.

Furthermore, describing our goals as portions of a diverse political platform allows us to compartmentalize them, affording an easier division of goals and tasks to smaller sections of the group (long-term).

Kourmanaev

Back to top Go down

Manifesto? How about a Platform? Empty Hot Words

Post  AncientWorld Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 pm

I agree, though Manifesto would be appropriate, it can be easily distorted to be a Hot word. Or a word with bad connotation.

AncientWorld

Back to top Go down

Manifesto? How about a Platform? Empty Re: Manifesto? How about a Platform?

Post  Derekscrazy Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:13 pm

AncientWorld wrote:I agree, though Manifesto would be appropriate, it can be easily distorted to be a Hot word. Or a word with bad connotation.

agreed

Derekscrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  laivindil Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:07 am

And how is everything were doing not full of "hot words" and easily distorted? What were going against is a media and corporate environment that thrives on distortion of information. I think calling this first document a Manifesto is a tiny hurdle over the many other issues were putting on the table in terms of how those that are going to oppose us will parry them and distort our messages.

laivindil

Back to top Go down

Post  AncientWorld Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:32 am

I totally fucking agree. fucking call it whatever, its the content inside that matters

AncientWorld

Back to top Go down

Manifesto? How about a Platform? Empty Platform

Post  Dankfrowns Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:36 am

Yes, platfom or mission statement would be better, but it is true we're focusing more on buzzwords than content. Talk about content.

Dankfrowns

Back to top Go down

Post  masterofunt Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Sure, the content is what matters to us. However, our following is not large enough to start generating bad publicity just yet. If you give the media something, anything, to target, they will. Calling it something that wouldn't easily get a bad rep means people will be more likely to read it rather than dismissing it immediately. We want to gain as much support as possible. Tread lightly, because a mistake now could screw us over in the long term.

masterofunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum